How Much Does a Website Cost?
How much does a website cost? Being a web design and development company this is, obviously, a question we get asked a lot. My first response to this question is usually, “It depends”. And it does depend, on quite a lot of things.
An analogy I use is that it is like asking a builder, how much does it cost to build a house? We all know that houses come in all shapes and sizes, and so do websites. The price of a house will vary depending on a number of things:
- Where the house is built
- How many floors it has
- How many rooms it has
- How big those rooms are
- The sort of bricks used
- The type of windows fitted
- The security system fitted
You get the idea. A website is similar, it depends on:
- Where the website is to be hosted
- How many pages there are
- How much content there is
- If a content management system is need
- If products are to be sold on the website
- The type of payment method needed on the site
- What other functionality is needed
If you are considering a new website, or amendments to a current website, it is worth having a think about the what you are trying to achieve with the new website or updates, what are the goals? What is the measurement for success. For example:
- Do you want more enquiries about a specific service?
- Are you trying to sell products to be delivered?
- Do you want visitors to email you?
- Do you want visitors to download information?
- Do you want visitors to give you a call?
- Do you want visitors to make a donation?
Understanding the goals for your website helps you explain to your website designer and developer what you need your website to do, which allows them to be able to give you an accurate cost for your website, along with how long it will take for it to be built.
When we are asked to quote to build a website we ask clients to fill out a questionnaire to begin with. The questions get clients thinking about their goals for the site and poses some questions which may not have been thought about. This helps get the process going. Usually we will have a follow up phone call or meeting to discuss the finer details before putting a quote together. Our quotes detail exactly what you’re getting, how long it will take and how much it costs.
So If you are thinking about a new website or amendments to a current website please get in touch with us as Nospario Creative via the contact form, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling our local rate number 0330 043 9897.
We look forward to hearing from you.